San Francisco Computer Crimes Defense Attorney
Computer crimes have complex defenses. If you have been charged with a computer or Internet offense, it is essential to obtain a skilled criminal defense attorney with experience in defending these crimes as soon as possible in order to obtain the best results under the particular facts and law of your case.
A few examples of computer-related activities that may be susceptible to prosecution are:
- Internet fraud
- Child pornography
- Cyber theft
- Computer hacking
- Disruption of services
- E-mail interception
- Software infringement
- Cryptography export
The Law Offices of Seth P. Chazin offers aggressive defense of Internet and computer crimes in San Francisco. Attorney Seth P. Chazin's initial successes in the defense of computer crimes occurred before the current statutes (California and federal) were even enacted. As computers have increasingly become integrated into the lives of ordinary citizens, to where they are indispensable to businesses and individuals alike, legal issues have multiplied exponentially. Seth P. Chazin has been aggressively creating successful defenses throughout the evolution of this field of law.
Mr. Chazin provides the following services which can be crucial to the favorable resolution of your case:
- Intervention at earliest possible opportunity to prevent charges from being filed
- Negotiate with the police, the FBI or other agency, and the prosecution immediately before charges are filed
- Arrange private polygraph tests
- Investigate your case thoroughly and immediately, before charges are filed
- Arrange forensic testing of physical evidence
- File motions to dismiss
- Safe-guard your rights at every stage of the legal process
- If necessary, negotiate creative alternatives to jail sentences
Contact an Oakland Internet Fraud Defense Lawyer
If you have been charged with possession of child pornography or another Internet crime, do not delay. Retain legal counsel immediately by contacting The Law Offices of Seth P. Chazin at 800-242-1514to discuss your case in a free initial consultation.
Other ways you can help your case immediately include:
- Exercise your right to remain silent. Do not make any statements to any law enforcement agent, investigator or prosecutor.
- Maintain notes regarding the events and contact information for any witnesses.
- Obtain "good character" letters and letters of reference.
- Prepare a resume of your accomplishments, including your work history, educational achievements, support of family members, and community contributions.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS AND PROTECT YOUR FREEDOM!
DID YOU KNOW? Any professional with a license to practice - e.g., real estate agent, doctor, dentist, etc. - who is arrested and/or charged with a crime needs to be concerned about preserving that license. In addition to handling your criminal case, Seth P. Chazin is experienced in representing various professionals in administrative proceedings before licensing boards.
DID YOU KNOW? California Penal Code 502.01 allows for the forfeiture of any equipment used in a computer crime.
CASE DISMISSED IN CHILD PORNOGRAPHY CASE - Client was charged with possession of many images of child pornography in Petaluma, Sonoma County, California. Client actually confessed to possession of the child pornography and destroyed some computer components which the police later found. However, forensic analysis and legal research, along with tough negotiations and aggressive stance with the district attorney resulted in all charges being dismissed after we proved that there was no way to prove that the client knowingly possessed child pornography.
Pre-file Federal Fraud allegations following a highly publicized investigation by the U.S. Attorney General's Office of an Internet scam. Extensive negotiations resulted in – no charges filed.
Client accused of possession of child pornography and failing to register as a sex offender in violation of Penal Code section 290. NO CHARGES FILED