San Francisco Federal Crimes Defense Lawyer
Accused of a Federal Crime? — Your Liberty Is at Risk
The federal government takes the investigation of potential criminal activity very seriously. Their investigations are full-scale, often lasting a year or more before formal charges are filed. As a result, insurmountable evidence from wiretaps and other surveillance techniques can be gathered, documented and eventually used to convict you.
Protect your rights and your future. Retain the services of an experienced and respected criminal defense lawyer as soon as you discover or even suspect that you are the subject of a federal investigation.
San Francisco federal crimes defense attorney Seth P. Chazin is certified as a Criminal Law Specialist by the California State Board of Legal Specialization. With nearly 25 years as a criminal defense lawyer, he provides the aggressive, thorough defense that clients facing conviction on federal charges need.
Contact The Law Offices of Seth P. Chazin to schedule a free consultation. Telephones are answered 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Putting Forth a Large-Scale Defense
The large-scale surveillance and sophisticated investigative techniques employed in federal criminal investigations necessitates a large-scale defense. Seth P. Chazin has the organizational skills, resources, trial skills and negotiation techniques to handle complicated federal criminal cases. Through the use of experts, independent investigators and negotiations with prosecutors, he will strive to obtain either a dismissal or successful resolution.
His federal crime defense representation spans the following areas:
- White collar crimes
- Fraud and embezzlement
- Internet sex crimes including child pornography or solicitation
- Federal drug charges
- Mortgage fraud
- Computer fraud and Internet crimes
Pre-File Representation — Early Intervention
As an experienced federal crime lawyer, attorney Chazin recognizes the significance of early intervention. Therefore, he strives to intervene and take aggressive action as soon as clients become aware of federal investigations against them. He helps clients know their rights.
Pre-file representation has resulted in the dismissal of charges or resolution of the case without charges having ever been filed.
Successful Federal Crime Defenses
Seth P. Chazin represents clients throughout the San Francisco Bay area, California and the United States. He is familiar with federal criminal procedure, as well as the methods which many prosecutors utilize. He puts this knowledge to use providing clients with the highest quality representation.
His history of success speaks for itself:
- Exportation of stolen vehicles: Mr. Chazin's client was charged in Federal District Court with eight fraud-related crimes, including attempted exportation of stolen vehicles. Mr. Chazin skillfully challenged the prosecution's case, raising doubt and effectively arguing entrapment. The client was acquitted.
- Child pornography: A client was accused of possessing child pornography. After aggressive negotiations with the prosecutor, Mr. Chazin succeeded in having all charges dismissed.
- Federal money laundering: Wiretap evidence exposed defendant in major money laundering and extortion ring − case dismissed.
- International drug trafficking: This federal wiretap case involved more than 20 co-defendants in an international narcotics ring. More than 20 years of prison was negotiated down to “credit for time served.” Client received one of the lowest sentences of any of the co-defendants.
- Human trafficking: This federal wiretap case involved more than 20 co-defendants for importation of prostitutes. The client, who was not a U.S. citizen and was caught on the wire, was not deported and served minimum time in jail.
- Federal theft: Client accused of stealing various items off federal property. Client confessed. Aggressive pre-trial preparation and negotiations resulted in all charges dismissed.
Contact an Oakland Computer Fraud Defense Attorney
Are you the subject of a federal investigation or have you been charged with a federal crime? Protect your rights and your future. Contact criminal defense attorney Seth P. Chazin contact criminal defense online or call immediately at 1-800-242-1514 and start planning your defense strategy immediately